By Peter Nurse
Investing.com — Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Wednesday, June 9th. Please refresh for updates.
- Clover Health stock (NASDAQ:) rose 22%, continuing the stellar 86% gains of the previous session, with the Medicare-backed insurance seller quickly becoming the new favorite of retail traders on social media channels such as Reddit’s WallStreetBets.
- Lordstown Motors (NASDAQ:) fell over 4%, continuing to drop after Tuesday’s 16% fall when the company warned its electric vehicle business may fail. It had reported first quarter 2021 net loss of $125 million.
- Campbell Soup (NYSE:) dropped 7.4% after the company reported a near 5% fall in quarterly profit, hurt by rising raw material and supply chain costs.
- Wendy’s (NASDAQ:) rose 5.7%, gaining as part of the meme stock phenomena, and despite Stifel downgrading its investment recommendation on the fast food chain to ‘hold’ from ‘buy’, saying the Reddit-fueled surge has overtaken the fundamental upside for the company.
- Fastly stock (NYSE:) rose 3.3% after the cloud computing company apologized for Tuesday’s widespread internet outage, saying the was caused by a software bug and not anything more sinister.
- GameStop (NYSE:) rose 0.8% ahead of the struggling videogame retailer reporting its quarterly after the bell on Wednesday. It has lost money for the past three years.
- Merck (NYSE:) rose 0.7% after the drugmaker said the U.S. government has agreed to buy about 1.7 million courses of the company’s experimental COVID-19 treatment for about $1.2 billion, if it is authorized in the country.
- Colgate-Palmolive (NYSE:) rose 1.4% after Credit Suisse upgraded its recommendation on the consumer products company to ‘outperform’ from ‘neutral’, saying the ongoing rotation into reopening stocks has left the stock undervalued.
- Fox stock (NASDAQ:) rose 1.8% after Wells Fargo upgraded its recommendation on the media giant to ‘overweight’ from ‘equal weight’, saying the company could benefit from the rise in sports gambling.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.